Thursday, July 19, 2012

A Bittersweet Day

I had a wonderful meeting this morning and I'm proud to announce that we finally have our first hospital! I'm so excited about our partnership with Randolph Hospital. They were so grateful and excited about our memory boxes! Just talking with them, I could feel their passion and love for the families that they serve. I just know that this is going to be a fabulous collaboration, with the end result being such a gift to their patients. While it is always our hope that the memory boxes are never needed, we hope that our partnership with Randolph Hospital will be a successful one for many, many years to come!

Today has been a bittersweet day. I was so excited as I left the hospital but I couldn't help but think of how different my life was a year ago. A year ago, today, I laid on an exam table staring at my son's lifeless little body on an ultrasound screen as my OB sadly told me that he no longer had a heartbeat. I was induced on July 20th and he was born on July 21, 2011 at 2:32am. We're having a cake made for him and plan to release a sky lantern on Saturday for his 1st birthday. I will be working on assembling the boxes to see what else is needed before the first donation drop-off. Other than having him here, I can't think of a better way to spend his birthday than assembling memory boxes.


Thank you all for your love and support over the last year! It has been sincerely appreciated.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved